Dr. Amrita Dass
Founder Director, ICS
Chairperson and Managing Director of ICS Education Ltd.
Dr Amrita Dass is a leading Educationist and Career-Consultant of the country. She is the Founder-Director of the Institute for Career Studies (established in 1985) and has the distinction of pioneering career counselling and guidance services in India.
ICS has a global presence today. With its expert, dedicated and highly experienced team of career counsellors and professionals from different domains, ICS has benefitted over 300,000 students in more than 500 leading educational institutions across the world. ICS has also been recognised with The Times Group ‘Award for Excellence in Education’.
Recently, ICS launched 'ICS Career GPS' - a cutting-edge dynamic and informative mobile app - globally. The app offers complete career guidance to students and professionals, providing them a unique platform to find the ‘right course, right campus, right career’ fit for success and fulfillment in their Dream Careers
Contributions as an Educationist
- Member of the UP Government’s prestigious steering committee for the implementation of the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020.
- Advisor to a number of schools and has served on the Boards of many prestigious schools like the Woodstock School, Mussoorie.
- Currently, board member of the renowned Avadh Girls' Post Graduate College, Lucknow, Auckland House School, Shimla, Bishop Cotton School, Shimla, Nirmal Bhartia School, New Delhi and Wynberg Allen, Mussoorie.
- Has been advisor to SIDBI, Member-Steering Committee on Women and Child Development, Planning Commission (9th Five Year Plan) and Ex-officio Director of the State Bank of India.
- Organised conferences on Education 4.0 and Careers 4.0 in 2018, bringing together all stakeholders to make our students future ready. These were the first events of their kind to be held in the world – reflecting deep knowledge, insights and futuristic vision.
Professional Development Programmes
* Has designed and conducted numerous programmes on:
- Leadership in Education for Edu-Leaders
- Excellence in Education for Teachers
- Knowledge and Skills for Career Counsellors
- Leadership and Management for NGOs and Corporates
* Has participated in many international conferences such as:
- U.N. Social Summit – Denmark
- U.N. Conference on Women – China
- State of the World Forum – USA
- Global Knowledge Partnership – Malaysia, supported by the World Bank
* Has visited universities across the world. In 2019, was invited as a guest speaker by the Graduate School of International Development, Nagoya University, Japan, to address students on the topic ‘Being Future Ready in a VUCA World’.
Writes on a wide range of educational, career and leadership issues, as a columnist for many prominent newspapers, magazines, portals and blogs.
Launched a first of its kind, “P.G. Diploma Course in Career Counselling and Guidance”, a cutting-edge “blended learning” programme with contact classes. This 12 months intensive and interactive course provides requisite knowledge and expertise in the highly specialized field of career counselling and guidance to school counsellors, teachers and other interested professionals.
Awards for Professional & Philanthropic work
- Lions Club Award for Outstanding Social Work
- Rotary Award for Vocational Excellence
- TCS-Woman Achiever of the Year Award
- Outstanding Woman Achiever Award by the Lucknow Management Association (LMA)
* Her biography has been included in the Who’s Who in the World 2015 (32nd Ed.) for exemplary contribution in the fields of Education and Career Guidance.
* In February 2020, Dr Dass was featured on the cover page of CEO Insights magazine as a ‘Trailblazer guiding the Nation towards an Enlightened Destiny’.
Dr Dass has had a meritorious academic background.
- MA, Western History, University of Lucknow; awarded two gold medals
- Doctoral Studies, SOAS, London University, as a fellow of the Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR)
- PhD, Western History, University of Lucknow